Tuesday 29 November 2016

Maya: first contact


1st task - Bouncing 1 ball



2nd task - Bouncing 3 balls 
(squishy ball, tennis ball, bowling ball)
use locators
add stretch
add squash

(below) My squishy ball bounces off the 2 walls which I feel it was a challenge at this point as its trajectory is diagonal instead of straight and my knowledge of Maya is almost non existent. 
Squish was unexpectedly time consuming because I did not place the locator at the edge of the ball and had to change Y each time the ball squashed or stretched.
Note to self: Place locators before anything else
Bowling ball has small bounce, like the one in the video I used as reference



3rd task - Build a piece of furniture



Note to self: figure out how to save the cloth in one position without having to place it again every time I open the scene.
Nuala and Bradley showed me how to use textures - they're both very nice and helpful
Textures I used were found on google
 I made the bed covers using ncloth command

Wanted to try ocean texture on something and I'm loving it. Should find a fun way of using it in the future




No comments:

Post a Comment