Saturday 5 November 2016

Mother Nature - Shadow world: colour task


By this point, our group coordination and communication dropped drastically and I'm aware it was partly my fault (too late now).
As I was unable to physically attend meetings, the information shared in our group chat was scattered and inconsistent. In addition, we constantly had things that didn't fit added to the project, making it confusing. I felt demoralised by this and made yet another mistake - isolated myself from the group. I shall do my best to not let this happen again as it is in everyone's best interest for all to cooperate.
This post has been waiting in draft for too long now.
The reason I felt more inspired by the icy environment is because the shadow creatures remove life out of the places they come in contact with. No life = No heat
For the inter-dimensional crack in our world I looked at stuff like below:


Sketching↓
 

Below scar and mushroom tree based on Alistair's stuff


 

Above right - sketch of the hobbit houses Caitlin wanted for the new creatures. While working on it I came to realise that it would be more interesting to move away from the idea of a house. My suggestion was something more along the lines of this image I found:


And the tree creatures as well would not live in houses. At night they would gather around giant bioluminescent plants and become rooted for a while to regain energy.

Image found on the internet to use as reference↓

Each tree creature has a branch somewhere on the back of their bodies that always grows a leaf or two. A couple of times per life-cycle they grow a seed that they need to plant = how they reproduce.

I am disappointed with my performance on this task but my awareness of what went wrong should help me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment