Thursday 1 December 2016

Maya funsies


It all started with a silly mountain I did for fun. I added a texture picture that didn't work too well and the long line of failed attempts to make it better led to the discovery of the adding snow option which of course was immediately applied because snow is the best thing in the world!

The scenery looked too empty so I then decided to add a cartoony UFO to brighten up the atmosphere, which led to the addition of a torii gate and (my favourite one:) a Santa Panda!

Following a youtube tutorial on npatricles I learnt how to make it snow - in my opinion, the best thing I've ever learnt! 
❤ Snow is the best


Maya seems very complicated but the challenge of it is exciting and at this point I can't stop myself from working and experimenting in it all the time!



Above : Big Oops! Had to close it and work from the previous save
I used cloud texture for the Santa hats. Still not sure it was the best idea but seemed like a fun thing to do.


Below: I had to make the characters in a different file, as my laptop has difficulties with the bigger Maya files. Characters are made from one object- the cube and only the eyes and hats are independent objects. That's why I hat to group them in order to paste them in the scenery above.

Above: don't know if it was the right thing to do but I copy pasted the eyes and hat from the panda to use on the penguin as well
Below: Using the nPatricle option I made it snow


I intend to add more structures or maybe a building.
Also need to learn how to add lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment