Sunday 16 October 2016

Mother nature - Shadow World: making the characters



After numerous disastrous sketches I ended up with a couple of new tree-people concepts that carried out my initial suggestion of grassy legs/body parts that the group seemed to gladly want to add to our future designs:


Also, following Beata's impressive charcoal drawings for the shadow creatures, I tried out a few watercolour versions with the intention of finding a good dynamic shape

Beata's designs:



|
\/

My take on her beautiful concepts


Cut-outs and ink


I chose watercolours for their versatile properties and the cut-outs for a different approach.
The shadows have no arms, but the ability to grow them when necessary.

UPDATE:
Picture of our latest chosen designs put together by Beata:


Corner-right Veronica's skecth, left side Beata's

No comments:

Post a Comment